Monday 13 January 2020

Eggsy Pony 's Catch Up Post

Howdy there strangers it's been awhile


I'm not 100% certain why it's been so long since I blogged but I am blaming it on cats. That's right felines. 

A neighbour persuaded our "mad cat lady" to take in a tiny kitten that they had picked up from the side of the road, of course it turned out to be rather poorly and required much nursing and regular medication. Then one of the ferals got injured in a road traffic accident and required much nursing and medication. They say everything comes in threes and it did, the kitten she rescued earlier in the year developed an ulcerated eye which required much nursing and medication. What with horses and cats there has been little energy for blog writing so this is my catch up post.


Now let me see, where did I leave you, oh yes I know, I left you with my portrait by Emma Louise Ornsby on Redbubble


Well we made some sales and as you can see the recipients were very pleased with their purchases.

Another new design featuring me went on Redbubble before Christmas. It's available on lots of different products, not just the mugs I'm showing you in the above photograph,  with lots of different colour backgrounds. I will have to show you some of the other products later but what I'm attempting to get to here is that commission from Redbubble sales made £21 during 2019 so that's 4 bales of hay. 

Thank you to everyone who made a purchase.


I need to get my Eggsy Pony entrepreneurial hat on this year so that I can buy a few more bales of hay for myself. I already have another design in the pipeline for my Redbubble shop, a portrait kindly given to me by the very talented Krystal Dales. I will let you all know when products are available.


What else has been happening while I've been away from the blog?
Well I reached 5,000 followers on Twitter which is rather amazing for one little pony.

I hit my 2019 target on GoFundMe thanks to a very generous anonymous Christmas donation, which actually enabled us to "pay it back" by organizing a collection for Christmas gifts for rescue ponies. Our anonymous friend kicked off the fundraiser with another kind donation and in the end we were able to send £10 donations, on behalf of the #Twitterherd to 19 different equine rescue organisations from all around the world which was really marvelous. Something we'd love to be able to do every Christmas.

My GoFundMe target has been raised again with a view to my getting that essential gelding operation done during 2020, mud and flies permitting! 

The mud is dreadful at the moment and I don't know whether you've noticed but round here the weather has not been cold enough this winter to see off the flies. Climate change is very worrying indeed.


Now to my Thank You notes, I'm sorry they are late. One thing that I'm never quite sure about is if I should say thank you by name to those who donate to me by Paypal eggsypony@gmail.com I know Joe doesn't mind, thank you Joe, but others may wish to remain anonymous. So I'm just going to say a huge thank you to everyone who donated either to myself or to the Christmas Gifts for Rescue Ponies fundraiser via Paypal without mentioning any names, please know that we are very, very grateful.

GoFundMe gives donors the choice of displaying their name or not so I know it's okay to say thank you on the blog to Graham & Edith, Philomena, Helen Last and Helen Goodman, Candice, Leighton, Elizabeth, Amy, Diane and Cheryl who is still selling Eggsy Pony cards and donating 50p to me from the sale of each card and of course a big thank you to our anonymous friends. 

Thank you everyone for your continued support it means the absolute world to us. 

About Eggsy:

Eggsy is a rescue pony he was abandoned and left to starve by his owners as a foal. His care is funded by donations.

You can read the story of his abandonment here: About Eggsy Pony

Would you like to help Eggsy? 

Eggsy has a Ko-fi page where you can buy him a "coffee" the coffee money actually goes towards his feed etc  we'd be really grateful if you'd go take a look, share it far and wide via your social media and of course if you can spare some money please donate.


Thank you, Eggsy and I really appreciate it x





No comments:

Post a Comment